Member manors

Member manors

Aristavėlė Manor

L. Lekavičiaus g. 2, Rumšiškės

Manager – The Open-Air Museum of Lithuania

Dvaro adresas: L. Lekavičiaus g. 2, Rumšiškės, LT-56335

Aristavėlė manor is a valuable example of Lithuanian wooden Baroque architecture. The exterior and the interior of the building were reconstructed several times. The construction date (around 1700) of Aristava manor suggests that it must have been built by Mykolas Zabiela.

At the end of the 18th century, the manor became the property of the Medekša family, which rearranged the manor and adjusted it to a new lifestyle, yet preserved the shape of the manor that is typical of baroque. Although the manor had undergone one more reconstruction at the end of the 19th century, it retained its original forms and prestige. Between the wars, it was a model farm, which was propagating advanced ideas and implementing new farming practices.

In 1987, the palace was deconstructed and taken to the museum of Kėdainiai district. It waas stored there and rebuilt in a new place in 2010. In 2014–2016 Aristavėlė manor was opened to visitors. Currently, a restoration centre is operating here.

Centre of Education and Events: phone no. +370 346 47392, E-Mail: edukacijos@llbm.lt, renginiai@llbm.lt

Administration: J. Aisčio g. 2, LT- 56335 Rumšiškės, Kaišiadorių r.,
E-Mail: info@llbm.lt









You need to enable javascript in order to user google maps.
facebook.gif
twiter7.jpg