Member manors

Member manors

Čiobiškis Manor

Manager – Eugenija Vagnerienė

Dvaro adresas: Vilties gatvė 1, Čiobiškis, LT-19194

Čiobiškis manor was first mentioned in 1529, it belonged to the famous Radvilos (Radziwill) dynasty. In the 18th century, the manor was owned by the Švikovskis family. Later, until the beginning of the 20th century, Čiobiškis manor belonged to the family of Pilsudskis. The classicistic manor, which survived to this day, was formed at the end of the 18th century – the beginning of the 19th century.

Supposedly, the author of Čiobiškis manor house is Laurynas Stuoka Gucevičius, the pioneer of Lithuanian classicism architecture. The manor used to have a chapel. The landlords Šveikauskiai built a church in a different place. In 1717, it belonged to the parish of Musninkai. In 1782 a parish was established here. At the end of the 18th century, the church burnt down. Šveikauskiai, before selling the manor to Pilsudskiai in 1794, obliged them to build a new church. A new stonework church was built in 1810-1816 (supposedly, it was also designed by Laurynas Stuoka Gucevičius). In the church there is a portrait of its founder Jonas Krizostomas Pilsudskis.

Between the wars, when Lithuania regained its independence, the manor went to the state and was turned into children’s shelter. After World War II, it was turned into a boarding-school. Currently, the buildings of manor ensemble are being prepared for reconstruction.


You need to enable javascript in order to user google maps.